The Holiday season is about to start, there will be a lot of cooking going on in the next weeks, that’s why we have a couple tips that will help you -and your oven- to survive the season:
- Catch spills with a baking sheet. If you’re cooking something messy, place a baking sheet on the rack below it to catch grease and food spills.
- Clean up spills right away. When something does bubble over onto your oven floor, you can begin the cleaning process even while your food is still cooking:
• Sprinkle salt over the affected area, then close the oven door and finish cooking your food.
• After you remove the food and turn off the oven, wipe up the spill immediately with a damp sponge.
• Use a half-vinegar half-water solution for tougher messes.